What to do when you get your reviewer comments back:
- Read through them ONCE - thoroughly but very quickly.
- Promptly close the reviewer document/email and set it aside for at least 2 days.
- Read through the comments a second time (2 days later) w/ a clear head & fury quelled.
- Create a list of the issues you can actually attend to (in your own, non-snarky words), a list of things that are beyond your capabilities (e.g. "instead of surveys, you should do interviews"), and a list or note of places where reviewers contradict each other.
- Tackle/check things off the (first) list one at a time.
- Use your lists to write up your report of changes made (& any not made).
- When in doubt, don't be afraid to ask the editor for clarification (e.g. what to do about contradictory advice, etc.)