Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Children's Digital Games Workshop Blog LIVE too!

I forgot to make the announcement on here yesterday, that the blog for my second course of the semester, section 104 of the Information Workshops (INF 1005/1006), on the topic of Children's Digital Games, is also now officially up and running. Our first class was this morning and we're already off to a great start. Some representatives from the TPL's Console Gaming @ Your Library committee (the head of the committee and a principle coordinator) came to talk to the class about the entire 3 year process of bringing games into the library (in a systematic, concerted, funded way), and gave the students some excellent ideas about ways they might put their assignments to practical use. We're still working out some of the technological kinks - for instance, I found out midway through the workshop that none of my games had been installed yet, much to my chagrin - but I'm optimistic that these things will get sorted out before next week's session. I'm still updating the course blog, but you can now review the schedule (with links to most of the readings), descriptions of the two group assignments, and an early list of background sources.

Enjoy!

No comments: