Saturday, May 05, 2007

Kid Communities on Izzy Neis

I found a new blog/site this week that I'm really enjoying reading, called Izzy Neis: Online Communities, Entertainment, Kid Empowerment, and Media Safety. The blog's creator is a children's author and 'online community manager' at Star Farm Productions, with degrees in elementary education and creative writing. Her blog keep tracks of research she is conducting, to be used to create a new online community for kids and/or teens, and it's very thorough and "on the pulse", which is awesome. Check out her entry on "Worthy Tween/Kid Communities" from a couple of weeks ago, and you'll see what I mean. She's keeping track of many of the same sites/phenomena that I plan to examine in my thesis, which makes this an extra special juicy find for me.

1 comment:

Izzy Neis said...

Hey! Thanks for the write-up and kind words!

I've passed your blog on to some friends who are also interested in gaming & media. You should (if you haven't already) check out the MacArthur Foundation... they've got great conferences (virtual in Second Life) that are based on education & gaming.

Anyway-- your blog is a gem too! Glad you found me. Good luck :)